In some cases, you may wish to provide access to courses and materials through alternative means, such as through an LMS (Learning Management System), website, or direct email instead of adding/uploading participants directly into Blanchard Exchange.
Each project you create in Blanchard Exchange allows you to set up a registration link. When individuals click on this link, they are allowed to enroll themselves by filling in their email address. Once they register, they will be sent an email from Blanchard Exchange which will allow them to set their password and set up their profile, including their first and last name, as well as a profile picture (optional).
Following the profile setup, learners will have access to all course content and materials associated with that specific project.
To enable the registration link on a project, follow the steps below:
- Select the Catalog tab of your project (Figure 1-1).
- Select the toggle for Registration link status to change it to Enabled (Figure 1-2)
- Select the Copy button to copy the link.
Once you complete step 3, you can determine if you want to customize the registration page, or leave it as the default. If you want to customize, you'll notice the following fields further below. Select the Edit button to modify these fields (Figure 2):
- Title - If a custom title is not entered, the learner-facing registration page will default to the course title (ex: "SLII Experience")
- Description - If a custom description is not entered, there will not be a listed description on the learner-facing registration page.
- Background image - If no custom image is used, a randomly generated image will be displayed on the registration page.
- Background color - This can be used as an alternative to the background image to set a default background color.
Setting Registration Limits
If you wish to limit the number of learners who can register under this project:
- Go to your project's Settings tab (Figure 3-1)
- Select the toggle for the Participant Limit to turn it on (Figure 3-2)
- Enter the number based on the maximum number of learners who can register (Figure 3-3), followed by selecting Save setting.