If you haven't already done so, it is recommended that you view the tutorial on how to create & modify course designs before reviewing this tutorial.
While this article covers most course builder features, it does not cover setting up automated communication plans. Please refer to this article for those instructions.
Course Builder Introduction
Review the video below as an introduction to the course builder. You'll get an overview of general features and navigation.
Course Builder Activities
The course builder's Activities section serves as the main experience of the course. The video below will show you how to structure your content and add new content.
Update as of June 10, 2021: It is now possible to add images to courses using an integration with Unsplash.
Unsplash is an image repository filled with user-submitted images that are free to use for commercial purposes, with no attribution required.
To add images from Unsplash, navigate to an activity in the course builder where the image will be added, followed by selecting the "+" icon on the page. Next:
- Select the "Image" option on the left.
- Select the "From Unsplash" tab.
- Use the search feature to find and locate images. Once you have identified an image, mouse over the image, and you'll see two icons appear:
- The "square" icon will allow you to crop the image before adding to the activity.
- The "+" icon will allow you to add the image without modification.
- Once the image is on the page/activity, you can modify the image further by hovering over the image with your mouse. The pencil icon will allow you to re-crop the image, while the square icon will allow you to adjust the image zoom level as well as image alignment. The icons for copying, deleting, and moving the images are also present.
Course Builder Resources
Resources are generally optional or supporting materials that do not require completion. For details on adding resources, see the video below.