Blanchard Exchange allows you to schedule emails to be sent on specific dates and times. It is not mandatory to use this feature because you can manually send emails at any point, but it is recommended to schedule future communications to be sent in order to save time.
Additionally, a record of the email communication history for the project is also available. See below for more information.
To schedule an email, open your project and click on the Communications tab - you will be taken to the Scheduled Tasks sub-tab:
- Start by selecting Add Scheduled Email.
- A new window will open. The Send To menu should normally be set to "All participants" (see below for a detailed overview of all "Send To" options).
- Select the Date field and use the calendar to select a date the communication should be sent.
- Next, move to the Time field and select the time the communication should be sent based on the date you previously selecting. Select Next Step when finished.
- On the next screen, select your email template and make any necessary modifications to the subject line and body of the message.
- Select Schedule to save your scheduled communication
You will now see your email scheduled to be sent on the date and time you selected. You can either delete the scheduled communication or edit it* using both options to the right of the communication at any point before the email is sent.
*Note: If you need to change the date/time an email needs to be sent, you will need to delete the communication and then reschedule it.
|"SEND TO" OPTION||DESCRIPTION|
|All participants||The email will be sent to all participants in your project.|
|Invited participants||The email will be sent to all participants who have been sent an email from this project in Blanchard Exchange, previously, but not participants who have been added and not sent an email, previously.|
|Not invited participants||The email will be sent to any participants who have been added, but not sent an email from this project in Blanchard Exchange, previously.|
|Invited completed participants||The email will be sent to any participants who have completed all trackable assets/assignments within the course (Note: may not necessarily be based on just prework).|
|Invited uncompleted participants||The email will be sent to any participants who have not complete all trackable assets/assignments within the course.|
To view the communication history of a project, start by selecting the Communications tab of the project (Figure 1-1), followed by selecting the Communication Events sub-tab (Figure 1-2). The following columns will be displayed:
- WHEN - Indicates when the email was sent.
- # OF RECIPIENTS - The number of recipients who were sent the communication.
- RECIPIENTS* - Indicates whether the communication was sent to a single individual or a group.
- SCHEDULED - Displays whether the communication was manually triggered by an administrator, or was instead scheduled to be automatically sent.
*To see the exact contents of the email that was sent, select the recipient under the Recipients column (Figure 1-3):
- If the recipient is a single individual, selecting their name will display the communication that was sent.
- If the recipient is a group of individuals, select Group. A new window will display all of the individual recipients in that group - select any of the individual recipients to see the communication that was sent.