The SLII® Mobile App can be downloaded onto any mobile device or accessed via the Web. Once the app has been downloaded, it must be unlocked with the user’s email address and a unique password supplied to that individual. As the administrator for your organization, you will have the ability to manage users and to distribute the app-specific passwords using Blanchard Exchange.
|IMPORTANT! - These instructions are strictly for standalone SLII® Mobile App distribution. The details below do not apply if you're using a course design that already includes the SLII® Mobile App, such as The SLII® ExperienceTM. If you have questions about this, please contact your Blanchard Exchange Support Contact.|
To distribute the app to one or more individuals, log into your Blanchard Exchange Administratation Portal.
- Select Add Project (Figure 1), which towards the top of your Corporate Portal home page. This will take you to the project setup screen.
- Enter your "Project Name" (Figure 2-1), which can be any name of your choice (only you and/or other administrators on your account will see this name - it will not be visible to participants).
- Under "Select Your Course Design", choose the Materials List option (Figure 2-2).
- Select a time zone (Figure 3-1) based on the primary time zone used by most participants in the group (note that the time zone only comes into play when scheduling communications with the Material's List option).
- Click on Next step (Figure 3-2).
On the next screen, enter/select the following options:
- Enter a "Course Name" (Figure 4-1)- The course name is visible to participants who log into Blanchard Exchange to access their app instructions. An example could be "SLII® Mobile App". You may also enter a "Course Description", but it is not required (Figure 4-2).
- Under the option that says "Select materials for this course", select the checkmark listed next to "SLII Mobile App 2.0" .
- Select "Save project" towards the bottom of the screen.
Your project is now created and you can now upload your participants and send their app instructions via email. To add participants, follow the instructions by clicking here.
Note: There are two different email templates within your Blanchard Exchange account that offer alternative means to distribute the app. Select the type of email notification that best suits your company’s needs:
a. The most common template is the “SLII—App Notification (Activation in email)” option. This adds the SLII® Mobile App activate code to the body of the email and doesn’t require participants to log into Blanchard Exchange to get access to the app. This is the most simple method to distribute instructions. However, it does not offer any tracking mechanisms, meaning that any progress indicators on Blanchard Exchange will show with zero-progress even if the participant has used their activation code.
b. The other option, “SLII—App Notification (Activation on BX)” is used by clients who are distributing multiple products on Blanchard Exchange or, for security reasons, cannot distribute passwords via email. When this template is selected the participant will receive instructions to log into Blanchard Exchange to receive their app password. While it does increase the numbers of steps participants need to take to get their app instructions, using this method will allow you to track who in your group has logged into Blanchard Exchange to receive their directions.
Alternate Self-Registration Option
If you don’t have a roster, have a large group, or are using an LMS, we offer a self-registration feature. Please be aware that this option requires each participant to register on Blanchard Exchange prior to receiving the app access instructions.
To use the self-registration option, complete the initial steps above to create the project, and then follow the steps to create the registration link by clicking here.