We are pleased to announce two new updates to Blanchard Exchange! We are introducing early-access to a beta version of an enhanced Corporate (Administration) Portal , which brings mobile/tablet device optimizations to the interface.
Included within this enhanced Corporate Portal is the Learner Move function, which allows Administrators to move learners between projects while keeping any assignment completion status attached to those Learners when moved into new projects.
See below for detailed information regarding both updates/features.
Enhanced Corporate Portal Beta
Note that this enhanced Corporate Portal is in a beta stage. Minor bugs/display issues may be present. We may make additional modifications to this interface prior to making it the new default interface for the Corporate Portal.
When viewing the "Home" tab of the current Corporate Portal, a button is now included to toggle to the beta version of the enhanced Corporate Portal (see screenshot). Upon accessing the updated interface, this same button will allow you to switch back to the classic interface.
The updated Corporate Portal brings mobile/tablet device optimizations, making it easier/faster to accomplish administrative tasks for individuals on-the-go.
Note that the Corporate Portal still functions the same and the overall process for setting up and managing projects has not changed.
Note that some features and navigation buttons have moved, while new features have also been introduced:
Move Learners Between Projects
It is now possible to move learners into new projects while keeping any assignment progress intact.
Note that there are some limitations to this feature:
- If a learner has accessed the Learn the SLII Model Lesson or The SLII Challenge, the learner is not eligible to be moved into a new project.
- Learners located in projects that were created prior to the beginning of March (2015) that include Learn the SLII Model Lesson or The SLII Challenge are not currently eligible to be moved.
- The course design/template associated with the new destination project does not have to match the current learner's project. Any "reserved" credits for products utilized in the current project that are not being used in the destination project will be returned to the pool of available credits (note that the original credit expiration dates attached to those "reserved" credits still apply).
However, if the learner has completed an integrated assessment, such as the LBAII Self, that product must also be present in the destination project before the learner is eligible to be moved.
To access the Move function, you must first access the enhanced Corporate Portal as noted above.
Refer to the text directions and video below for full instructions.
After accessing the new interface, select the "Projects" tab, and then select the project that includes the learner who needs to be moved:
- Select the "Participants" tab of the project, and then locate the learner who should be moved.
- On the right-hand side of the learner's details, select the "Actions" menu, and then select "Move".
- A new window will open. Select the destination project that this learner should be moved to based on the list of projects.
- Blanchard Exchange will now compare the list of products in the existing projects to the list of projects in the destination project, also confirming the learner's eligibility (see the limitations noted above).
- If the learner is eligible to be moved, a "verification successful" message will be displayed. If the course associated with the destination project does not match the course of the current project, Blanchard Exchange will also confirm the products that are not present in the destination project, informing you that any recorded progress on these products will be lost once the learner is moved into the new project.
- Select "Move" to finalize the move.