Blanchard Exchange allows learners to be moved from one project to another, while keeping assignment progress intact.
Before reviewing the instructions for moving a learner from one project to another, please review the limitations regarding this feature:
- The course design/template associated with the new destination project does not have to match the current learner's project. Any "reserved" credits for products utilized in the current project that are not being used in the destination project will be returned to the pool of available credits (note that the original credit expiration dates attached to those "reserved" credits still apply).
However, if the learner has completed an integrated assessment, such as the LBAII Self, that product must also be present in the destination project before the learner is eligible to be moved.
Refer to the text directions and video below for full instructions.
Moving A Single Learner
First, open the project containing the learner who needs to be moved:
- Select the "Participants" tab of the project, and then locate the learner on the roster who should be moved.
- On the right-hand side of the learner's details, select the "Actions" menu, and then select "Move".
- A new window will open. Select the destination project that this learner should be moved to based on the list of projects.
- Blanchard Exchange will now compare the list of products in the existing projects to the list of projects in the destination project, also confirming whether or not the learner is eligible to be moved (see the limitations noted above).
- If the learner is eligible to be moved, a "verification successful" message will be displayed. If the course associated with the destination project does not match the course of the current project, Blanchard Exchange will also confirm the products that are not present in the destination project, informing you that any recorded progress on these products will be lost once the learner is moved into the new project.
- Select "Move" to finalize the move.
Moving Multiple Learner
To move multiple learners at the same time, follow these steps:
- Under the project's "Participants" tab, select the checkboxes next to the learners who need to be moved - if you are moving your entire roster, you can select the initial checkbox at the top of the roster to select all users. Note that if your roster exceeds and your roster exceeds 100 individuals, use the drop-down on the bottom of the page to show all learners listed prior to using the select-all checkbox.
- Select the "Move" button on the top of the page.
- Choose the destination project.
- Blanchard Exchange will confirm the move elibility for learners including assignment progress that will be migrated.
- Select the "Move participations" button
The move process will begin. You can close the move window without needing to leave it open as the move process will continue in the background.