Users can be added by navigating to the Admin tab, followed by selecting Users (Figure 1). Follow the steps below for either adding one individual at-a-time, or the steps to add multiple users at the same time.
Adding a single user
Select Add (Figure 2). Complete the following fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Username (Email)
- Password – select the "Use First Name (Cap First Letter)" option
- Select Submit to save the user in the platform
Note that this will NOT add them to their specific class. Once the user is saved in the platform, you may add them to a class:
- Select the Admin tab, followed by selecting Classes (Figure 3)
- Locate the desired class the user should be added to by clicking on the class name
- Select Add* in the lower right corner (Figure 4)
- Locate the user on the list (you can type in the user's name or email address and then run a search to find the individual), followed by selecting the check box to the left of their profile - you can repeat this step to add additional users to a class at the same time.
- Select Submit
*The above instructions add end-users. If you have individuals with Instructor access, you can assign them to classes using similar steps as noted above, with the exception of using the "Add" option specifically under the Instructors heading (Figure 5).
Adding multiple users
- Select the Upload Multiple Users tab (Figure 6)
- Download the roster template by selecting the Template File option (Figure 7)
- Once the template is downloaded to your computer, complete first four columns (column headers will be blue) including column “K” for "CouponCode":
i. FirstName (column A)
ii. LastName (column B)
iii. Email (column C)
iv. UserLogin (column D)– This is the e-mail address
v. CouponCode* (column K)– Filling in this column will automatically add the participants into the class you just created
*If you do not recall the Coupon Code for your class, you can locate the Coupon Code by following these steps. Alternatively, you can user the steps above to add single users to classes to also add multiple users into a class after the users are uploaded into the platform.
- Save the completed roster template as a CSV (comma separated value) file type to your computer
- Import the saved template/CSV file by choosing Select files... (Figure 8)
- Wait for the users to show on your screen
- Select Submit
Passwords are automatically set for each participant to be their first name with the first letter capitalized. Users can change their password when they sign in. Include this information in the communications you send directly to learners to invite them to the platform. If you need the recommended verbiage, please reach out to your Blanchard Online Learning support contact.