We are pleased to announce 2 exciting updates! We have added an advanced search feature for the Learner Portal to find specific materials and content. Additionally, the Course Builder has been updated to include an option to import images directly from the Unsplash image repository.
Enhanced Learner Portal Search Feature
Learners can now search for a variety of content in their Learner Portal. A magnifying glass icon can be found in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Selecting this icon will open the Learner Portal search feature, allowing learners to search for specific terms.
Any courses, activities, or content under activities with matching or similar terms will show up in the list of results. Learners can select any of the returned results to take them directly to the option selected.
Course Builder Unsplash Integration
We've made it easier than ever before to find and add images into courses! The option to add images in the Course Builder has been updated to include a new tab for Unsplash.
Unsplash is an image repository filled with user-submitted images that are free to use for commercial purposes, with no attribution required.
To add images from Unsplash, navigate to an activity in the course builder where the image will be added, followed by selecting the "+" icon on the page. Next:
- Select the "Image" option on the left.
- Select the "From Unsplash" tab.
- Use the search feature to find and locate images. Once you have identified an image, mouse over the image, and you'll see two icons appear:
- The "square" icon will allow you to crop the image before adding to the activity.
- The "+" icon will allow you to add the image without modification.
- Once the image is on the page/activity, you can modify the image further by hovering over the image with your mouse. The pencil icon will allow you to re-crop the image, while the square icon will allow you to adjust the image zoom level as well as image alignment. The icons for copying, deleting, and moving the images are also present.